FEI's Leaders are core to its success. Your invaluable participation and contributions help to ensure members remain engaged and active through local events, communications, professional development sessions and much more.
If you will only be attending the Chapter Leader Reception & Dinner on April 22 and/or Leader Day on April 23, RSVP here.
Saturday, April 22
Chapter Leaders Networking Reception & Dinner
Renew existing connections with your Chapter Leader colleagues from around the country and make new friends at this relaxed, fun evening of good food and cheer!
Sunday, April 23
Leader Day | Earn up to 7 CPE credits
7:30 am – 8:00 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 am - 9:45 am
“Make Your Chapter Irresistible for Happy, Active Members”
Cynthia D’Amour, People Power Unlimited
Are you tired of hearing “Sorry, I don’t have time”? Wish you had more members showing up for events - and keep coming back? Join Cynthia D’Amour to learn how to make your members excited about being involved in chapter activities. You’ll gain insights on how to hit their hot buttons and transform them into happy, actively-engaged members.
Cynthia is a leadership strategist and president of People Power Unlimited. She's the author of seven books, including The Lazy Leader's Guide to Outrageous Results. Cynthia has served more than 67 total years on boards and recruited more than 250 members. She helps associations get more members involved and frequently speaks at leadership events.
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
• Annual Business Meeting of Members
• Leadership Council Meeting
- Awards and Gifts Ceremony
- Organizational Update
- Treasurer’s Report
- Open Discussion
12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Chapter Leader Luncheon and Workshop
• Presentation of FERF Engagement Award – FERF Development Committees • Announcement of Chapter Excellence Awards Program recipients
1:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Chapter Leaders & Administrators Interactive Sessions
An afternoon of dialogue designed to generate actionable ideas for your Chapter! In keeping with the day’s theme, the concurrent sessions (facilitated by leaders to help guide the dialogue and engage all participants) will generate innovative approaches for delivering value-added services to Chapter members and solutions to the opportunities and challenges that your Chapter faces. Come prepared to share, create and innovate!
1:45 pm – 2:15 pm: Innovation
• Full Leader session to highlight select innovative Chapter initiatives
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Key Chapter Functions & Activities (pick 2 and rotate at the half-hour)
• Membership (recruitment, retention & engagement; articulating your value
proposition; attracting emerging executives; soliciting corporate members; etc.) • Programs, Special Events, Peer Group Forums/SIGs & Networking/Social Events
• Sponsors (soliciting; setting expectations; utilizing; holding accountable; etc.)
• Communications (newsletters, website, social media, etc.)
• Governance (succession planning, cultivation & utilization of new volunteers, annual
or strategic planning, etc.)
3:45 pm – 5:00 pm: Chapter Best Practices Discussions
• Smaller Chapters (< 100 members)
• Mid-Sized Chapters (100 – approx. 175 members)
• Larger Chapters (> 175 members)
6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Summit Opening Reception:
Financial Executive of the Year Awards and Casino Night* | Details
*Admission is included in the cost of Financial Leadership Summit conference registration. Ticket for individuals not registered for Financial Leadership Summit Conference are $200 and can be purchased here.